Blueberry Pound Cake
Baking temp: 350F
Baking time: 60-70 mins
6 eggs, separated
1 cup butter, softened
3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon butter flavoring
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sour cream
2 cups fresh blueberries
- Set eggs sit at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to mixing.
- Combine flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the extracts and butter flavoring.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into batter. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
source: Designed Decor