Mini Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Yields: 12 mini cheesecakes
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 egg, room temperature
3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix; I use Libby’s), room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 cup caramel sauce (from scratch or the store)
3/4 cup chopped pecans
2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners. Place one Oreo in each liner.
- Make sure your ingredients are all room temperature to avoid lumps!
- Beat cream cheese with a hand or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until smooth. Beat in the egg, sugar, and pumpkin puree, mix until smooth. Add vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and flour, mix until smooth.
- Spoon cheesecake mixture over Oreos in prepared pan. (Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full using about 1/4 cupfuls of the cheesecake mixture per liner.)
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until the cheesecakes loose their glossy top. Some may start to crack around the edges, and a toothpick will come out clean from the center of the cheesecake. Cool completely to room temperature then chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When serving: unwrap each cheesecake. Stir pecans and caramel together in a small bowl. Melt chocolate according to package directions in a small bowl and then place the melted chocolate in a ziploc baggie with the tip cut off. Spoon some of the pecan caramel mixture over the top of the cheesecakes, then drizzle with chocolate.
- Store in refrigerator. Will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container or you can freeze the cheesecakes without the topping for up to one month.
source : crazyforcrust