TRIPLE CHOCOLATE COFFEE CUPCAKES
Yields: 18 pcs
Prep time: 15 mins
Baking temp: 350 degrees fahrenheit
Baking time: 20 mins
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter, softened to room temperature
1¾ cups all purpose flour, sifted
2 tsp baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
1 cup brewed coffee, chilled (I used Dunkin’ Donuts Chocolate Glazed Donut)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1½ cups butter, softened to room temperature
4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
2 – 3 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon brewed coffee, chilled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa in a large bowl, set aside
- Combine coffee and vanilla, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the sugar and butter (approx 2 – 3 minutes).
- Add eggs to butter mixture, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Gradually add dry ingredient mixture alternating with the coffee mixture to the batter.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Line 2 muffin pans with cupcake liners (18 liners total).
- Fill each liner with ¼ cup of mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the butter for 5 minutes on high, until fluffy and white (scrape sides occasionally).
- Mix sifted powdered sugar and cocoa and slowly add to whipped butter, mixing well.
- Add vanilla and coffee to mixer and mix well.
- Add heavy cream as needed to get to desired consistency.
- Whip frosting for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto completely cooled cupcakes.