Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
2 cups (10 oz) all-purpose flour
1 cup (3 oz) Unsweetened Cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
8 tbsp unsalted butter
8 oz. Chocolate Baking Chips Unsweetened
3 cups packed (21 oz) brown sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
8 tsp instant Espresso Powder (optional)
1 cup (7 oz) granulated sugar
1 cup (4 oz) confectioners’ sugar
#30 Medium Cookie Scoop
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees with the rack in the middle. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk or sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl microwave chocolate chips and butter (optionally melted) in short intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is mostly melted. Continue stirring until all chocolate is melted. .
- In a bowl whisk sugar, eggs, espresso powder and vanilla extract together.
- Add melted chocolate to the mixture and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour-cocoa mixture and fold until no streaks of flour are seen. Let sit for 10-15 minutes for the mixture to cool down and harden slightly.
- Set two bowls with granulated sugar in one and confectioners sugar in another. Using a#30 Medium Cookie Scoop or a regular scoop, scoop about 2 tablespoons of batter and drop it into the granulated sugar mixture first. Roll around in the sugar, then roll into a ball with hands. Next drop into the confectioners’ sugar until coated.
- Place coated cookie balls onto a baking sheet, about 2 inches apart, 11 per baking sheet. Bake for 6 minutes, rotate the sheet, and baking for another 4-6 minutes, 10-12 minutes total. Cookies should be set around the edges and still soft in the middle. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.