Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
Yield: 9″ X 13″
- 340g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 40g cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 115g unsalted butter, softened
- 450g caster sugar
- 240ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 240ml buttermilk
For the Frosting
- 180g cream cheese, softened
- 100g icing sugar
- 2 – 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 – 3 tablespoons milk (or more for drizzling consistency)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A handle of chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F/176C. Spray and flour a 10″ bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and beat on high speed until well combined. Add the oil, eggs, and vanilla and beat until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in three additions alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 50 – 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean with moist crumbs. Let the cake cool for 20 minutes in the pan on a wire rack before removing. Leave to cool completely before frosting.
For the Frosting
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, icing sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth, and at the desired thickness. If the frosting is too thick, add more milk to loosen to drizzle consistency.
- Pour, or spoon over the cake, then sprinkle with chocolate chips.
source : marshasbakingaddiction