- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- ¼ cup butter, cut in small cubes and room temperature
- ¼ cup heavy cream, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (fine)
- Stir together sugar, water and corn syrup and cook until 234°F (soft ball stage) in a large sauce pan.
- Add the butter; stir to incorporate.
- Add the heavy cream and salt; stirring until incorporated and salt has dissolved.
- Continue to cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes more, if desired.
source : americanheritagecooking