Maple Nut Fudge
Yield: 9″ x 13″
¾ cup butter
3 cups granulated sugar
⅔ cup evaporated milk
12 oz white chocolate chips, chopped
7 oz jar marshmallow creme
2½ tsp maple extract.
2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for five minutes then stir. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Let cool
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper.
- Combine butter, sugar, and evaporated milk in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Once at a full boil, continue boiling for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate chips. (I use a whisk to get out all the lumps.)
- Stir in marshmallow creme and maple extract.
- Stir in toasted walnuts.
- Pour into prepared dish.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve. Top with additional toasted walnuts if desired.