Bacon Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 6 big pcs
- 113g unsalted butter
- 100g granulated sugar
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 190g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 130g chocolate chips
- 4 – 5 rashers of cooked smoked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 pack of Rolos
- Preheat the oven to 350/176C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Melt the butter for 40 seconds to just barely melt it.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg, and mix until just incorporated. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until a crumbly dough forms. Add the chocolate chips and bacon, and mix until just incorporated.
- Divide the dough to make six cookies, each cookie having two scoops of dough. Place one scoop of dough onto the prepared baking tray, gently press a Rolo into the centre, then place the second scoop of dough on top, then roll into a ball so both parts stick together. Do this for all the cookies.
- Bake for 14 – 15 minutes. If you made smaller cookies, bake for less minutes. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely…
source : marshasbakingaddiction