3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups AP flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup warm water
3/4 cup buttermilk
3 tbsp canola oil
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease or line your muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cocoa, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the eggs, water, buttermilk, and vanilla, and mix until the lumps are gone, scraping the bowl as you go along.
- Fill the muffin tins 3/4 full, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick pulls out clean.
- Let cool. To fill with pudding, slice off a circle in the top of the cupcake, much like you would when removing the top of a pumpkin for carving. Plop some pudding into the hole, and press the cupcake lid back down. Easy!
3/4 cup butter
3-4 cups icing sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
a few drops of orange food colouring
- Whip butter in bowl of a stand mixer.
- Gradually add icing sugar and vanilla until desired consistency is reached. Beat in food colouring until evenly orange.
- If icing is too thick, add a tsp of milk or cream at a time until it softens