Halloween Monster Cookie Sandwiches
Yields: 6 cookie sandwiches
Prep Time : 60 mins
Baking temp: 350°F
Baking time: 10 mins
Total time: 1hr, 10 mins
5 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
¼ cup all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
⅔ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
6 Large marshmallows
2 cups powdered sugar
½ cup butter (room temp)
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
Green gel food coloring
- In a small saucepan, combine the 5 oz of semisweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate, and butter.
- Cook and stir over low heat until smooth and melted, then set aside so it can slightly cool.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the eggs, sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla with a mixer on high speed for 4 minutes or until the mixture is thick and a light yellow color.
- Fold in the melted chocolate mixture and flour mixture until combined.
- Fold in semisweet chocolate pieces.
- Cover and chill the batter for 30 to 60 minutes, or until the batter has thickened slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop 2 tablespoon portions 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the tops are crackled and the edges are firm.
- Cool on the cookie sheets for 2 minutes and transfer to wire rack.
- For frosting, in a medium bowl combine powdered sugar, butter, heavy cream, and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add food coloring until preferred shade of color is reached.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the frosting on each of the flat sides (bottom) of half of the cookies. Press the flat sides of the remaining cookies against the frosting, tilting the top to resemble a mouth opening.
- Cut the marshmallows in half and attach an M&M to the sticky side of each half.
- Cut a small wedge at the bottom of each marshmallow eye to create a sticky base, quickly attach two eyes to each cookie so the eyes will stand upright. –