Double Chocolate Banana Cake
Yield : 8″ x 8″
Double Chocolate Banana Cake is lightly sweet, moist, and chocolatey.
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips for topping – optional
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the bananas and brown sugar until the bananas are mashed and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the applesauce, vanilla, and egg. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pour batter into a greased 8×8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the top with mini chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 35 minutes. Check the center with a toothpick to determine doneness. Best eaten warm.
source : dessertnowdinnerlater