Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Yield: 18 mini cupcakes
For the Crust
6 ounces crispy gingersnap cookies (see note below)
1/3 cup Fisher Nuts chopped pecans
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon homemade pumpkin pie spice
For the Cheesecake
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 large eggs
3/4 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 teaspoons homemade pumpkin pie spice
salted caramel sauce
Fisher Nuts chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 18 muffin cups with paper baking liners.
2. In a food processor or blender, combine the gingersnap cookies, Fisher Nuts chopped pecans, and pumpkin pie spice. Pulse the machine until the cookies and nuts form crumbs. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter, mix until combined. Press crumbs onto the bottoms of the lined muffin cups. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Remove pan to a wire rack to cool while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese for about two minutes. Add in sugars and mix for another minute. Add egg, pumpkin, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice, beat well. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure the batter is thoroughly mixed.
4. Spoon batter into each cup (about 3 tablespoons), filling each 2/3 full.
5. Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until centers are almost set. Cool in pan on wire rack. (Mini cheesecakes will deflate in center upon cooling.).
6. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Before serving, spoon 1 heaping teaspoonful of salted caramel sauce onto each mini cheesecake. Pipe or spoon on a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of Fisher Nuts chopped pecans.
– I used 30 Archway Crispy Gingersnap Cookies
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes will keep in an airtight container within the refrigerator for up to 3 days.