Glazed Cinnamon Doughnuts
Yield: 8-10 pcs
- 2 tablespoons (28g) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 and ⅘ cups (350g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (120ml) milk
- Oil for frying
For the Glaze
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups (250g) icing sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, then stir into the sugar mixture alternating with the milk until combined. Do not overmix.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface to ½ inch thickness. Cut into doughnuts using a doughnut cutter, or you could use a large round cookie cutter, and a small one for the centre. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Heat 1″ of oil in a large deep skillet to 375F/190C. Fry for 15-20 seconds (or until golden brown) on each side, then remove from the oil.. Drain on paper towels.
For the Glaze
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients. If the mixture is too thick, add a bit more milk. If it is too thin, add a bit more icing sugar.
- Place each doughnut, that has cooled slightly, into the glaze, turning to coat. Allow the glaze to set for several minutes before serving.
Notes : Doughnuts stay fresh wrapped in clingfilm or foil at room temperature for 1 – 2 days. Keep them in the fridge, wrapped, to keep them fresh for up to a week.
source : marshasbakingaddiction