Pumpkin Spice Caramels
Yield: 8″ X 8″ (64 pcs)
Soft, chewy, buttery, and perfectly spiced, these Pumpkin Spice Caramels are impossible to resist.
1 stick unsalted butter (8 Tbls)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup light corn syrup
2 cups granulated sugar
¾ tsp salt
1 Tbls pumpkin pie spice
- Lightly spray 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Leave an overhang so you can pull the caramel out easily. Set aside.
- Combine first four ingredients in a large heavy bottomed pot. Go bigger than you think you need.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar. It’s super important to scrape off all the sugar from the sides of the pot – all of it.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking WITHOUT stirring until it reaches 248 °F. This can take anywhere for 20 minutes to an hour, just be patient. (Make sure you check the accuracy of your candy thermometer beforehand.)
- Remove from heat and stir in salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Let it rest for 12-24 hours before cutting into pieces.
- Wrap caramels in waxed paper to store. Can be stored in the fridge or at room temperature.