No-bake Pumpkin Pie Bars
10 whole graham crackers
6 Tbsp butter, melted
⅓ Cup brown sugar
2 Cups whole milk
4.6 oz package vanilla, cook-and-serve pudding (the big package)
1 Cup pumpkin purée
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground ginger
Dash of ground cloves (You really only need a dash. Even an ⅛ tsp is overpowering in this recipe)
- Crush the graham crackers in a food processor, blender, or plastic baggie with your hands, until you get fine crumbs.
- Add the brown sugar and melted butter to the graham cracker crumbs an mix until everything is the consistency of wet sand.
- Press the crumb mixture into your chosen dish (I use an 8×8 baking dish).
- Chill the crust while you make the pumpkin filling.
- In a medium pot, over medium-high heat, bring milk just to a boil.
- Pour in the pudding mix, and stir with a whisk until the mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- Turn the heat down to low.
- Mix in the pumpkin purée until smooth.
- Mix in the cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves until they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour the pumpkin filling on top of the graham cracker crust. Smooth out the top by softly tapping the container, on the counter.
- Chill for 3 hours, or until the filling is firm.
- Cut into bars, and serve chilled or room temperature.
- Optional: Top with your favorite whipped topping and candied pecans.