Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields: 22 pcs
Prep time: 10 mins
Baking time: 15 min
Large, buttery, crisp edges, chewy middles and overloaded with chocolate – everything you dreamed an amazing chocolate chip cookie would be. No mixer needed
3/4 cup Imperial Sugar® Light Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Imperial Sugar® Extra Fine Granulated Pure Cane Sugar
1/2 cup salted butter, soft, almost to a mayo consistency
1 Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Egg
1 Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Egg Yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups Gold Medal Flour® all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chunks (I used a mix of both)
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (to press on top of the cookies while still warm) – optional
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the white and brown sugar. Add the butter and mix well.
- Stir in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix until it reaches a creamy consistency, about 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in the flour and baking powder. Stir until just combined and there’s no more dry flour.
- Fold in the 1 1/3 cups of chocolate chips or chunks.
- With a large cookie dough scoop, drop cookie dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate the cookies for at least 2-3 hours up to 2 days.
- If you do not have room in the fridge for a large baking sheet, you can quick freeze the cookie dough balls for like 30 minutes, place them in a ziplock bag and keep in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
- When ready to bake, heat the oven to 325F.
- Arrange the cookies on the baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 13-15 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven, press a couple of chocolate chips on top of them – optional