Coffee Ogura cake
Yields: 7″ cake
5 egg yolks
1 whole egg
pinch of salt
50g canola oil
70g top flour
5 egg white
1/2 tsp cream of tar tar
4 tsp of 3-in-1 coffee mixed with 20 ml water
- Add the oil, milk, salt, egg yolk & whole egg in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Fold in the sieved flour until well blended.
- Whisk the egg white until foamy. Add in the cream of tar tar. Gradually add in the sugar. Using high speed, continue beating until stiff peak.
- Mix 1/3 of the egg whites into the batter till well combined. Gently fold in the rest of the egg whites into the batter.
- Divide the batter into half. One portion of original and the other to mix with the coffee.
6. Pour the batter into a 7-inch square pan, and gently tap the tin to remove trapped bubbles.
- Steam-bake in a preheated oven of 160C for about 60 mins.
- Remove from oven and invert the cake. Allow it to cool for a few minutes. Gently remove cake from tin and let it cool upside up on the cooling rack.
- Slice the cake after it has cool completely.
source : mimibakeryhouse