Almond Milk Butterscotch Sauce
Yield: 1 1/3 cups
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature, cut into pieces
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt or up to 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- 1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon brandy (optional)
1. In a 2-quart measuring cup, place the butter. Microcook on HIGH for 1 minute to melt.
2. Stir in the brown sugar, unsweetened almond milk , corn syrup, and salt with a whisk. Stir with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps in the sugar. Cover with a piece of parchment paper. Microcook on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once with the handle of a wooden spoon until thickened and sugar is dissolved. The mixture will come to a full boil.
3. Remove from the oven and immediately whisk in the vanilla and brandy until smooth and well blended. Dip the tip of a spoon into the sauce and carefully not to burn your tongue, taste for vanilla or salt. Serve warm in a little pitcher to pour over your ice cream. If not using immediately, cool completely, then pour into a glass jar and cover. Keeps up to one month (will thicken as it chills). You might find yourself eating it with a spoon out of the jar.
To reheat, in a glass bowl or Pryex measuring cup, microcook on DEFROST for 1 to 2 minutes, depending on how much sauce.
source : notyourmotherscookbook