Yield: 16.5cm x 26cm pan
397 can Carnation condensed milk
450g demerara sugar
- It takes a little effort so stick closely to the steps if you’re new to making fudge – once mastered the results are out of this world! Place the ingredients into a large non-stick saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring continuously and scraping the base of the pan. Take care while the mixture boils and during stirring as the fudge will be VERY hot! To test its ready drop a little of the mixture into a jug of ice-cold water. A soft ball of fudge should form. Or check with a sugar thermometer if you have one (approx 118°C).
- Remove from the heat and beat the fudge until very thick and starting to set (about 10 minutes). See our tip below!
- Pour into the prepared tin and leave to cool before cutting into squares.
- Try adding nuts, fruit or chocolate chips at the end of step 2!
source: Carnation UK