Blue Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 2 dozens
2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 and 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 and 1/2 tsp cornstarch
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter
6 tbsp vegetable shortening
1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 and 1/2 tsp white vinegar
1 and 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Blue food coloring (preferably gel)
White chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line your baking sheets with silicone baking mats; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, shortening, and sugar for 5 minutes. Add in the egg, egg yolk, vinegar, and vanilla and mix for 3-5 more minutes until smooth and creamy. Add in the food coloring, a tiny bit at a time, until your desired hue is reached.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix on low until combined.
- Using a 1 and 1/2 tbsp cookie scoop, scoop cookies onto prepared baking sheets a couple inches apart. Press 8 white chocolates chips into each dough ball.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a couple minutes on the baking sheets before removing and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.