Chocolate Magic Custard Cake
Yield : 8″ x 8″
4 eggs (whites separated from yolks), room temp
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup sugar
8 Tablespoons butter, melted
¾ cup all purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
2 cups milk lukewarm
powdered sugar for dusting cake
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees.
- Line 8 inch x 8 inch baking dish with parchment.
- Separate eggs and add the egg whites to a mixer and beat egg whites stiff. Place egg whites in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks & sugar until light. Add butter and vanilla. Beat for two mins.
- Add the cocoa and flour and mix it in until fully incorporated.
- Slowly start adding the milk and beat until everything is well mixed together.
- Add the egg whites, a third at a time and gently fold them in using a spatula, repeat until all egg whites are folded in.
- It will be hard to fold them, but just keep trying until you no longer have large egg white clumps. Pour batter into baking dish and bake for approx 60 minutes or until the top is lightly golden.
- Cool to room temp and then chill.
- Dust heavily with powdered sugar.
- Enjoy this spectacular and magical treat!