Salted Caramel Sauce
2 cups granulated sugar
12 tbsp unsalted butter, diced
1 cup heavy cream
- In a semi-deep non-stick pot, heat sugar over medium high heat stirring often
- The sugar will soon start to clump together. This is ok
- The sugar will soon start to break down into a liquid so switch to a whisk to get rid of the clumps
- Once the sugar is in liquid form, you’ll want to continue stirring and heating it up to 350degrees Fahrenheit on your candy thermometer
- Once it hits 350degrees Fahrenheit, carefully add the butter. The mixture will hiss and splatter a bit. Continue stirring until all the butter has melted.
- Once the butter has melted, add the heavy cream. Since the heavy cream is cold, your mixture will bubble and splatter a bit as well. Stir the mixture then let boil for 3 minutes
- Remove from heat, stir in the salt, and let it completely cool down before pouring it into any jars.
- Store in the refrigerator and warm up slightly to drizzle or use ofr desserts.