4 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips- about 1 cup (plus a few extra chopped up for for garnish)
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Beat egg yolks in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed about 3 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in sugar.
- Heat 1 cup whipping cream in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until just hot. Gradually stir at least half of the hot whipping cream into egg yolk mixture and stir back into hot cream in saucepan. (keeps the eggs from scrambling…)
- Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (do not boil). Stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, just until chilled.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream in chilled bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream.
- Pipe or spoon mixture into serving bowls and top with chopped chocolate chips