Lemon Cheesecake Pie
Yield : 9″ pie
- 2 8 oz bars of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- your favorite 9 inch prebaked pie crust (see recipes of pie crusts here )
- extra lemon for zesting
- In food processor, combine cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla and salt (everything except the zest and pie crust ) until smooth.
- Pour into crust and bake at 325 until center is set but still slightly wobbly. (40 to 50 minutes.) To keep pie crust from burning, cover pie crust edges with foil.
- Let cool, then chill til firm (4 – 5 hours.)
- Before serving, top with thin layer of whipped cream and lemon zest