Scratch Brownies with Chocolate Ganaches
Yield: 8 x 8-inch
¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter, melted
1½ cups sugar
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
8 ounces (by weight) semi sweet chocolate chips (about 1½ cups)
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine the butter, sugar, salt, and cocoa powder. Add the vanilla and eggs, and mix well. Stir in the flour, and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spread the batter into the baking dish, and bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- Pour the cream in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until steaming. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and allow to sit for about 5 minutes or until the chocolate chips have melted. Stir well to combine. Stir in the butter until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour to allow the ganache to thicken, then spread on top of the brownies.