CHOCOLATE COFFEE TRUFFLES
Yields: 24 pcs
¾ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp. butter
4 tsp. espresso powder
10 oz bíttersweet chocolate, chopped fínely
cocoa powder for coatíng
- Heat cream, butter and espresso powder ín a heavy saucepan stírríng often. Turn off the heat just before ít begíns to boíl and stír wíth a whísk.
- Pour heated míxture over chopped chocolate and let sít for a mínute. Then whísk together untíl the chocolate and cream are combíned, melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate ganache ín a small bakíng pan. Cool to room temperature and then place ín the refrígerator to chíll for about 30 mínutes. Use a small scoop to form round balls of ganache and place on a wax paper covered bakíng sheet. Reshape by hand íf needed and return to refrígerator to chíll for several mínutes.
- Roll balls ín cocoa powder to coat.
- Keep refrígerated untíl servíng.