Champagne Mousse with Chambord
Yield : 5-6 servings
This Champagne Mousse is delicious, light and is flavored with Chambord as well as champagne. It’s a perfect dessert for New Year’s Eve!
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup + 3 tbsp champagne, divided
2 tbsp chambord, optional
0.25 oz package of gelatin
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
raspberries (or black raspberries)
1. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well combined.
2. Add 3/4 cup champagne and chambord to egg mixture and whisk until combined.
3. Pour egg mixture into a saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly. It will be foamy – keep whisking.
4. Mixture will begin to thicken and foam will subside. It’s ready when is has thickened and has more volume, about 7-10 minutes. It should reach about 160 degrees, if you have a thermometer. Do not boil.
5. Remove from heat and whisk for another 1-2 minutes, then pour into a clean large bowl and set aside.
6. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 3 tbsp of champagne. Set aside.
7. In another bowl, make whipped cream. Whip heavy cream until it begins to thicken.
8. Add powdered sugar to heavy cream and continue to whip until it has stiff peaks. Set aside.
9. Heat gelatin in the microwave for about 10-20 seconds, until melted.
10. Add gelatin to egg mixture and mix until combined.
11. Slowly fold whipped cream into egg mixture.
12. Spoon mousse into cups and refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or up to 24 hours.
13. Top with whipped cream and a raspberry (or black raspberry).
source : lifeloveandsugar
….. more recipes for CHAMPAGNE DESSERTS & DRINKS andALCOHOLIC DESSERTS …..