Yield : 12-14 cupcakes
1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
3 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp champagne
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
4 cups powdered sugar
4-5 tbsp champagne
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add butter, egg whites, vanilla, sour cream and champagne and mix on medium speed just until smooth. Do not over mix.
4. Fill cupcake liners a little more than half way.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
1. Combine butter and shortening and mix until smooth.
2. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
3. Add champagne and mix until smooth.
4. Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
5. Add a little more champagne, if needed, until desired consistency is reached.
6. Top cupcakes with icing.
Note: You may notice little bits of butter in the batter, but that’s ok. They will melt into the cupcake as they bake.
source : lifeloveandsugar