Bubbly Champagne Cupcakes
Yield : 16 to 24 cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 box white cake mix or your preferred white cake recipe
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups champagne
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons champagne
For the Decorations:
- white sixlets
- white gumballs
- white pearl sugar sprinkles
- disco dust
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In an electric mixer, combine cake mix and champagne. Add oil, eggs, and almond extract. Beat on low for 30 seconds and then medium for 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden on top (and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- For buttercream frosting, cream softened butter until light and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, incorporating after each addition. add champagne and beat for 2 minutes on medium, until light and fluffy.
- If you want a stiffer frosting, add more powdered sugar. If you want a looser frosting, add more champagne.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with buttercream and decorate with piped frosting bubbles and candy bubbles. Top with a shimmer of disco dust!
source : pizzazzerie