Chocolate Date Truffles
15 good quality Medjool dates
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1½ tablespoons coconut oil
additional unsweetened cocoa to roll the truffles around in
- Remove the seeds from all the dates and pulse them in a food processor until almost smooth.
- Add in the cocoa powder and coconut oil, then pulse again until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the mixture to a bowl, and allow it to rest in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, or until the coconut oil gets stiff.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out a portion of the date mixture and roll it in the palm of your hands to form a ball.
- Continue this until all of the date mixture has been rolled into balls.
- Dust each ball in additional cocoa powder and store in an airtight container.