Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake
Yields: 8″ cake
360g cream cheese
150ml whole milk
3 tbsps sugar
4 egg yolks
4 tbsps cake flour
2 tbsps corn flour
4 egg whites
8 tbsps sugar
farm house mature cheddar
– for cake decorations
You will need 8-inch (20cm) round baking pan.
Line with the prepared round of parchment paper
in the bottom and the sides and grease with butter.
- Melt cream cheese in double boiler, add the milk and sugar, stir until well blended. Slowly adding the egg yolks and mixing thoroughly.
- Add in sifted cake flour and corn flour, and beat well.
- Whisk egg whites and add the sugar a bit at a time in another bowl until to a beautiful thick and fluffy. then, add the egg yolk mixtures and gently mix well.bang it on the work surface a few times to expel any large air pockets.
- Pour the cake batter into 8 inch cheese cake mould and place them
in a large baking tin. Add enough hot water in the tin and get ready for water bath.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (fan oven), then turn the heat up to down.
Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, leave to cool at least 15 minutes.
Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top. Serve or chill in a fridge overnight.
- Use a sharp and hot knife to cut the cake and present individual plated
source : yummyeasycooking