Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
1/2 cup olive oil
zest of 1 lemon
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Add one egg at a time and start mixing the dough.
- Then, add vanilla extract, olive oil and lemon zest. Give it one final mix and the dough is ready.
- Cover the dough and keep it the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Keep the cookie sheet ready with parchment paper.
- Pour the confectioner’s sugar in a bowl.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator.
- Using an ice-cream scooper or a spoon, roll the dough into 1-inch balls and drop in the confectioner’s sugar.
- Roll it in the sugar and keep it on the parchment paper.
- Bake it for 10 to 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cookie.