Maple Apple Bacon Bourbon Cupcakes
Yields: 16 pcs
Prep Time : 15 mins
Baking temp: 325°F
Total time: 40 mins
1 1/2 cup crispy bacon, crumbled, divided
1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4tablespoons maple syrup
3ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 1/2cups powdered sugar, sifted to get rid of clumps
- Prepare cake mix according to directions using the eggs, water and oil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Fold in one cup of the bacon crumbles.
- Using a ice cream scoop, fill a muffin pan (prepared with cupcake liners) 2/3 of the way up with batter.
- Bake at 325°F for 18-20 minutes until slightly golden brown on top.
- When done, remove from oven, place on wire rack and let cool.
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare frosting.
- Using a stand mixer (or a bowl and electric mixer) add the cream cheese and butter together and cream until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add bourbon, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and 1 cup of powdered sugar and beat on low speed. Once powdered sugar is incorporated beat on medium speed.
- Continue to add powdered sugar one cup at a time until you reach desired frosting consistency.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcake (or just with knife).
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup bacon crumbles on top of each cupcake for garnish
source : peabody @tablespoon