Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Total time: 60mins
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, very soft, room temperature
1 cup regular white sugar
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Use a regular 12-cup muffin pan
1) Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. In a medium bowl, using electric mixer, beat 4 tablespoons of butter and 1 cup of white sugar on high speed for 1 minute until well-combined. You will get coarse looking mixture (not creamy).
2) Add 2 eggs to the butter-sugar mixture and continue beating for another minute until very creamy and very smooth.
3) Add mashed bananas, Greek yogurt, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract to the butter-sugar-eggs mixture, and continue beating, using electric mixer, until well combined – for about another minute.
4) In a separate medium bowl, combine sifted flour (do not overpack the flour, when measuring it using measuring cups!), baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
5) Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, and mix, using large spoon, just until combined. DO NOT OVERMIX. If there are lumps – they will work themselves out during baking. Fold in chocolate chips.
6) Place the muffin cup liners into the muffin pan. No need to grease the pan or muffin cup liners. Fill muffin liners 3/4 full. Bake for about 25 minutes. Cool on a rack for a little bit, then remove muffins from the pan and let them cool some more.
source : juliasalbum