Pumpkin banana muffins with apples and cinnamon
Yields: 12 pcs
Total time: 60mins
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, very soft, room temperature
1 cup regular white sugar
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups sliced apple chunks, or about 2 medium size apples (cored), or 1 large size apple (cored)
Use a regular 12-cup muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. In a medium bowl, using electric mixer, beat 4 tablespoons of butter and 1 cup of white sugar on high speed for 1 minute until well-combined. You will get coarse looking mixture (not creamy).
- Add 2 eggs to the butter-sugar mixture and continue beating for another minute until very creamy and very smooth.
- Add mashed bananas, Greek yogurt, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract to the butter-sugar-eggs mixture, and continue beating, using electric mixer, until well combined – for about another minute.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine sifted flour (do not overpack the flour, when measuring it using measuring cups!), baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, and mix, using large spoon, just until combined. DO NOT OVERMIX. If there are lumps – they will work themselves out during baking. Fold in apple chunks.
- Place the muffin cup liners into the muffin pan. No need to grease the pan or muffin cup liners. Fill muffin liners 3/4 full. Bake for about 25 minutes. Cool on a rack for a little bit, then remove muffins from the pan and let them cool some more.
source : juliasalbum