Yields: 12 brownies (11″ x 9″)
Prep time: 10 mins
Baking time: 35 min
1 cup (226 grams) butter
11 ounces (310 grams) semisweet baking chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup (150 grams) Extra Fine Granulated Pure Cane Sugar
1/4 cup (50 grams) Brown Sugar
1/2 cup (60 grams) all-purpose flour
1 cup (170 grams) butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 11X9″ baking pan with parchment paper, leaving about 1 inch hanging on the sides.
- In a heatproof bow, melt the butter and the chocolate, either in the microwave of in a bowl set on top of a pan with simmering water. (if using the microwave, stir the chocolate every 30 seconds to prevent burning it). Stir until smooth.
- While the chocolate is melting, in a mixing bowl add the eggs, vanilla and sugars.
- With the paddle attachment on, beat on medium low speed until foamy and pale in color.
- Stir the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- Gently, fold in the flour without and give the batter a light beat.
- With a spatula, fold in the butterscotch chips.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 33-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Don’t over bake!
- Let the brownies cool completely before cutting into bars