Maple Apple Bacon Mini Donuts
2 cans Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Jr. Golden Layers biscuits (10 biscuits total)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 large apple
6 strips bacon, fried and crumbled
Enough Vegetable oil to go about two inches deep in a deep pot
- Peel apple and dice into tiny cubes.
- Heat oil to 375ºF. You will need a candy or oil thermometer for this.
- Remove the Pillsbury™ Grands!™ biscuits from the can and cut out a hole using a small cookie cutter.
- Test to see if the oil is ready by using one of the donut holes.
- Add the biscuits, but not more than three at a time.
- Flip when they are golden brown.
- When golden brown on both sides, remove from oil and place on paper towel to soak up any extra oil.
- While donuts are cooling, make the glaze. Start with powdered sugar.
- Then add maple syrup. Add one cup diced apples.
- Add milk. Whisk together until all the ingredients are incorporated. The apples will still be in chunks.
- You can either dip your donut into the glaze or pour it over. I prefer the pour-over method. If you do the latter method, you’ll want to have a wire rack and a baking pan underneath to catch the extra glaze.
- Add the bacon pieces to the glaze before it starts to harden.
- Let donuts sit while the glaze sets up.
source : peabody @tablespoon