Flourless Apple Brownies
Prep time: 10 mins
Baking time: 35 mins
Total Cooking Time: 70 mins
1 cup (160 grams) baking chocolate, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons (28 grams) butter
2 oz (56 grams) almonds or hazelnuts
1/3 cup (70 grams) sugar
pinch of salt
1-2 medium honey crisp apples, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line an 11X7 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan add the chocolate and butter. Melt over low heat stirring constantly. You can also use the microwave.
- Set aside and stir a couple more times until it starts to cool down.
- Add the sugar and salt and mix a little more. Set aside.
- In your food processor add the almonds or hazelnuts and pulse a couple of times, I didn’t want mine to be perfectly ground, but if your prefer you can pulse few more times or add finely ground almond flour instead.
- Add the ground almonds to the chocolate mixture.
- Slowly add the eggs, one at a time, stirring as fast as you can to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
- When all the eggs are added to the chocolate mixture, pour it in the prepared pan.
- Spread the diced apples on top, gently pressing down and bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before removing and cutting into bars.