Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Yield: 8″ x 4″
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2½ cups sugar
- 3½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease two 8×4 inch bread pans with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat. After melted continue to cook for 4-5 minutes or until butter reaches a golden amber color. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine melted butter, pumpkin, eggs, milk, vanilla, and sugar. Mix until smooth.
- In a second bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice and whisk to combine ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly between prepared bread pans. Bake for 50-60 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
source : lecremedelacrumb