Yields: one 9″ loaf
Prep time: 10 mins
Baking temp: 350F
Baking time: 1hr
Total Cooking Time: 1hr, 10 mins
½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 & ¼ cups brown sugar, divided
⅓ cup Greek yogurt (I use banana flavor, but plain or vanilla would work)
2 cups mashed banana (about 3-4 small/medium bananas)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon, divided
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 box instant vanilla or banana pudding mix (just the dry mix)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally spray a 9″ loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the butter and ¾ cup of the brown sugar until blended. Whisk in the eggs, yogurt, banana and vanilla until combined. Lastly, add 1 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, baking soda, salt and pudding mix, careful not to overmix. Your batter may be thick and clumpy, but that’s okay. Overmixing will lead to tough bread!
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining brown sugar and cinnamon with a spoon until combined. Liberally sprinkle the mixture on top of the banana bread, patting it down if necessary.
- Bake the bread for 30 minutes, then tent the bread with foil (which helps prevent the crust from burning and top + sides from cooking too quickly) very loosely. Continue baking for an additional 30 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before cutting into slices.