Thandai – Spicy Almond Milk
For the powder mix
1/4 cup whole almond
2 tbs poppy seeds
2 tbs fennel seeds
1 tbs cardamom powder
4 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
few strands of saffron
1 tbs slivered pistachios for garnish
2 tbsp rose water
- Using a coffee grinder or mixer, grind the ingredients of the powder mix to a fine dust.
- Boil the milk with sugar and few strands of saffron .
- Add the grind powder and mix it well.
- Let it refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours to 6 hours.
- Strain the drink, add rose water and mix.
- Garnish it with some slivered pistachio, few saffron tread and serve it cold.