Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
Prep time: 10 mins
Baking time: 25min
Total Cooking Time: 40 mins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 large egg
½ cup sugar
¼ cup honey
4 tbsp melted unsalted butter
1 & ¼ cups low-fat sour cream
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup fresh cherries, diced small (you can also use frozen)
½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425°F and spray a 12 cup muffin tray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, sugar and honey. Whisk in the melted butter, blend well. Then mix in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Toss the cherries and chocolate chips in the dry ingredients. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry. Gently fold together until JUST combined.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups and bake at 425°F for 5 minutes, then turn the oven heat down to 350°F and bake for another 20 minutes or until golden around the edges. Enjoy warm.
Notes: Muffins are best enjoyed the day of, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.