Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
Prep time: 10 mins
Baking time: 20min
Total Cooking Time: 35 mins
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp melted unsalted butter
½ cup sugar
⅓ cup honey
1 large egg
1 cup buttermilk (you can substitute with whole milk or make your own buttermilk by adding 1 tbsp of white vinegar to a liquid measuring cup and fill with 1% milk or higher to make one cup, let stand for 5 minutes)
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
2 tbsp sparkling sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F and spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, honey and egg. Add the buttermilk and vanilla, whisk again until blended.
- Toss the blueberries into the dry mixture, then add the wet ingredient into the dry and gently stir until just combined.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups and sprinkle with sparkling sugar. Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes, then reduce oven heat to 375°F and bake for another 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.