Milk Chocolate Brownie Explosion
Yield: 8″ x 8″
Rich, fudgy and decadent these Milk Chocolate Brownies with a creamy milk chocolate ganache will satisfy any chocolate craving!
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, chopped [I used Ghirardelli because it’s awesome]
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 4.5 ounces milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a 8×8 baking dish with parchment.
- Whisk together in a medium bowl the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- Place butter and 2 ounces chocolate in a microwave safe, large bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals on high power, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is smooth.
- Add sugar to the melted chocolate mixture, whisking to combine. Add the vanilla and egg, whisking until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Stir the cocoa mixture into the chocolate mixture until just combined. Fold in the remaining chocolate.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing out the batter to the edges with a spatula.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the top is set. Do not overbake. I would not suggest baking more than 35 minutes because they might overbake.
- While the brownies bake, make the Milk Chocolate Ganache
- Melt chocolate and heavy cream in a small microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until mixture is smooth.
- Try not to eat it all before the brownies are done…
- Let brownies cool 10 minutes before pouring ganache over top of brownies. Smooth the ganache to the edges with an offset spatula.
- Let cool completely before cutting. This took me 2 hours in the refrigerator and the middles were still not cooled. They tasted super amazing no matter what temperature.
- Cut into squares and drizzle with the caramel sauce. I spooned some in a ziplock baggie, cut a corner off and then squeezed the caramel out!
source : americanheritagecooking