Homemade Chocolate Almond Butter
Yield: 1 1/4 cups
- 2 cups (12 ounces) dry toasted, unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place almonds, chocolate chips, sugar, and salt in the canister of a Vitamix and secure lid with the tamper in place. Turn machine on at the lowest speed, and gradually increase the speed to Variable 10, then to High, using the tamper to keep the nuts moving. Continue to mix for another minute or so, until the butter begins to flow freely through the blades.
- Alternatively, you can prepare this in a food processor. Start with the almonds and process on high speed, scraping the sides/bottom as needed, for 5 to 15 minutes or until mixture is smooth to your liking. Melt chocolate chips separately and then mix in along with sugar and sea salt.
source : loveandoliveoil