Chocolate Cookies N’ Cream Cookies
Yield: 2 dozens
6 ounces (1 and 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
1 ounce (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
3 ounces (scant 1/2 cup packed) dark muscovado sugar (can substitute dark brown sugar)
5 ounces (scant 3/4 cup) granulated sugar
4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted (zap it in the microwave in 30 second increments)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
3 and 1/2 ounces cookies n’ cream chocolate, chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixed fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar for 5 minutes. Add in the melted chocolate and vanilla and beat until combined. Add in the egg and beat for a few more minutes until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, add in the flour mixture and the cookies n’ cream pieces and mix to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour and a half.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a few baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1 and 1/2 tbsp-sized), scoop the dough an inch or two apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 12 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes of the sheets before removing to a wire rack to cool further.
- Store cookies in an airtight tupperware.