Layered Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
Yield: 9″ x 9″
A delectable, creamy two layer fudge featuring chocolate and peanut butter!
3 cups sugar, divided
12 tablespoons butter, divided
⅔ cup evaporated milk, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla, divided
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup peanut butter
7 ounce jar marshmallow creme, divided
- Line 9×9 pan with non-stick foil. Set aside.Combine 1½ cups sugar, 6 tablespoons butter, ⅓ cup evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly till temperature reaches 234º.
- Remove from heat and stir in ½ teaspoon vanilla, the chocolate chips and half the marshmallow creme (just less than ½ cup). Mix till chips are melted.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth with off-set spatula.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, adding peanut butter, vanilla and marshmallow cream when mixture reaches 234º.
- Pour peanut butter fudge over chocolate fudge and smooth top.
- Cool to room temperature, then cut into squares to serve.