Chocolate Truffle Fudge Bars
Yield :9″ x 13″
- 9×13″ pan of thin brownies (choose from our collection of brownie recipes)
Chocolate Truffle Layer:
- 8 oz unsweetened chocolate (I used Baker’s)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, room temperature (softened but not melted)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 4-5 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp strong coffee, cooled
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup butter
- Bake a 9×13″ pan of thin brownies of your choice. I used a brownie mix meant for an 8×8″ pan, in my 9×13 in pan. I prefer mine to be more fudgy.
Chocolate Buttercream Truffle Layer:
- Melt unsweetened chocolate according to the instructions on the package. Allow chocolate to cool to room temperature.
- Brew a small amount strong coffee and place in fridge to cool. (I added some instant coffee to a ½ cup of coffee from my Keurig.)
- Beat butter and vanilla until light and fluffly.
- Add powdered sugar slowly, 1 cup at a time, beating between each cup. (I put my splash guard on my Kitchen Aid mix and left it on low while slowly pouring in the powdered sugar. Then, turned it on high to beat it in, and then repeated the process.)
- After the last cup of powdered sugar has been added, scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, coffee and heavy cream and beat for 1 minute.
- With the mixer on the lowest speed, slowly pour in the room temperature unsweetened chocolate.
- Beat for 1 minute on high.
- Add more heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed.
- Carefully spread over brownies in 9×13″ pan.
- Bring heavy cream and butter to a boil.
- Pour over chocolate chips.
- Let it sit for a couple of minutes to allow the chocolate chips to melt.
- Stir gently until smooth.
- Pour over chocolate buttercream truffle layer in 9×13″ pan and gently spread until evenly coated.
- Allow the bars to cool and set before cutting into small pieces.