Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar (for rolling in, post chilling, pre baking)
- Stir all ingredients together. Cover and chill dough 3 hours or overnight to firm dough.
- After chilling, heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a spoon or scoop to portion dough and form into ball with hands.
- Roll in powdered sugar until heavily coated.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake immediately, about 10 minutes. (Only roll dough in powder right before baking. Ever seen these with matted, sad sugar powdering? The sugar gets damp and transparent if it sits too long on the dough.)
- Remove from oven and cool.