Yields: 2 loaves
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 large bananas
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease two 8×4 inch loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine sugar, shortening, eggs, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes or until well incorporated.
- Meanwhile, smash 3 large bananas (use a potato masher) and add to the mix.
- Slowly add milk, soda, salt, and flour and mix until creamy.
- Divide batter equally between the two loaf pans and put into oven. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Immediately after removing the loaves from the oven, invert them onto a cooling rack and let rest until completely cooled